KitSound x HNTR
HNTR is a 5 piece Indie/Folk band from Essex/London consisting of Lee (vocals/acoustic), Luie (drums), Glen (guitar/vocals), Jack (guitar/vocals) and Matt (bass/vocals) who we are honoured to have launching #MusicBringsUsTogether.
They formed in 2014 and are going from strength to strength performing all over the country including festivals Kendal Calling, Brownstock, and Y Not Festival.
The release of their album Prizes For The Golden has had the band compared to Mumford & Sons and their intimate gig at the infamous London’s Sofar Sounds shows how acoustically brilliant they really are.
Read on to get to know HNTR more and watch some live performances.
- Do you play any instruments? If so, when and why did you start playing?
We all play instruments and have done for pretty much ten years.
- Were your musical tastes influenced by anyone?
We all have musical and non-musical influences; we write our music based on everyone and everything all around. Negative influences still guide us how we write, and positive influences encourage us to better.
- Who are your favourite musicians?
Our favourite musicians are James Brown and James Brown’s favourite musicians.
- If you had to listen to just one song for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Jurassic park theme tune.
- What’s the best music festival you’ve performed at?
Best festival we’ve played is field view – amazing.
- What’s the best music festival you’ve attended?
Best festival we’ve attended (and played) is Boardmasters.
- What’s been your most embarrassing on stage mishap?
We had a Sofar Sounds gig, which is super intimate, audience are super attentive, and the performance is acoustic. Lee had a chest infection and coughed through the whole set, every song. The audience were pretty ok about it. Plus Matt nearly pissed himself.
- Do you have any superstitious rituals before you perform live?
Before we go on, our ritual is that Luie eats 6.3 Cornish pasties. He is from Cornwall. And Matt has to get fully undressed in the toilets and dressed again, and repeats that 5x.
- What advice would you give to beginners in the industry?
Beginners in the industry, “put your doctor on speed dial”.
- What songs do you listen to when you need motivation?
We listen to – the band supporting us, that really motivates us. We are all really into different things in the band so collectively we listen to everything and anything.
- When do you know that you are 100% happy to stop working on a song and release it?
You’re never 100% happy with a song; it’s more of a case of accepting and knowing. You could keep working on one song and it would morph into like 20 different songs over the months.
- What one song do you wish you wrote?
We wish we wrote any Christmas song because every year undoubtedly people will be listening, all about that Christmas spirit.
- Which country would you love to tour in?
We’d love to tour America because it’s huge.
- If you could go back in time to meet anyone from the past, who would it be and why?
We would go back in time to meet, the 60s. Hendrix.
- Where do you go to find inspiration?
We go to Lonely Island for inspiration.
- What is your song of shame? (or in other words, the song you secretly love but hate people knowing)
Anything by Bieber.